Topic: Global Melting
Read the following article on the melting ice sheets and conduct some additional research on your own. Then, answer the following:
Ferris, R. (2016, 19 August). Arctic sea ice is vanishing far faster than anyone thought possible. CNBC. Retrieved from https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/19/arctic-sea-ice-is-vanishing-far-faster-than-anyone-thought-possible.html
- In what state or region do you live?
- Would the melting of glaciers impact you directly (e.g., through inundation or loss of a source of water)?
- How would the melting ice caps affect you indirectly?
- This problem is a significant one for scientists, and there is no easy answer. What do you think can be done to fix the problem:
- in the short term?
- in the long term?
- How will the melting ice sheets impact plant and animal life?
Be sure to address all Discussion Board topics in an original, well-thought-out, respectful manner. Main posts should fully and completely discuss each question posed and make frequent, informed references to this unit’s material. Engage in ongoing, productive conversation by responding to a minimum of two classmates per topic. Responses to classmates should be at least 50 words. Remember, you will learn more by sharing ideas!
Please note: Borrowed material (quotes, summaries, or paraphrases) should make up no more than 10% of the total word count for all written assignments in this course, including Discussion. All writing must be in your own words and borrowed material must be properly cited and referenced.