Create a sales plan for your chosen product and company, including goals and the means to motivate your team.
Sales activities and processes vary by organization and individual but generally include prospecting, using a pre-approach, using an approach, making the sales presentation, overcoming objections, closing the sale, and having postsales follow-up.
Much of the process is information gathering to allow a salesperson to make the right pitch to the consumer that will match the consumer needs with the product or service benefits and features.
Note: Assessments 1â€“3 in this course require you to complete a marketing analysis, and this assessment requires you to complete a sales plan. Because those all build on each other, it is recommended but not required that you complete them in sequence.
Using the company and product you used for Assessments 1â€“3, create a sales plan in which you do the following:
- Define and analyze a set of sales goals for the business (being sure they are measureable), and justify why those goals were chosen.
- Analyze viable sales strategies and at least two tactics that are suited to the target market, and explain why they are suitable and were selected.
- Create methods or actions to motivate and manage your sales team, including why the methods or actions can be successful.
- Create a well-supported evaluation plan with plausible and thoughtful rationales.
- Analyze an integrated marketing plan, including how it will impact the sales plan and business.
- Cite any sources you use.
- Written communication: Communication should be clear and well organized, and support a central idea, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- References: References and citations are formatted in a consistent style, with a preference for using APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of three scholarly resources related to the content of the assessment.
- Length of paper: Approximately 5â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to the title and references pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.