Write a 7â€“10-page research paper on the topic of performance management and training for an organization of your choice.
It is essential for members of management to understand the importance of conducting appraisals because an effective performance management system is key in improving employee performance, which ultimately adds to the bottom line of the organization. Failure to communicate performance expectations and achievements means that employees might not understand what is expected of them or how they can improve. Additionally, formal performance management and training is imperative to help protect an organization against legal claims.
Research the topic of performance management and training for an organization of your choice. Performance management includes the supervision of employees and ongoing goal setting, training, and measurement to meet individual and organizational objectives. A minimum of five resources are required to support your work.
Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments in this course.
If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
Contact your faculty if you have questions.
Write a research paper based on your research into the performance management system, which includes training, of the chosen organization. In your paper:
- Describe the performance management system currently in place.
- Explain the formal and informal performance feedback processes.
- Analyze best practices to improve employee performance.
- Analyze the importance of training to meet organizational needs and performance goals.
- What should be considered in designing an effective training program?
- Explain how training and performance management protect an organization from possible litigation.
Note: You must address all the required elements of this assessment. If details for any of the bulleted points are unavailable, research the topic and present recommendations you believe would be best for the organization, along with your supporting rationale.
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length: 7â€“10 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and reference page.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Use a minimum of five relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources such as the Wall Street Journal to support your work. These resources should not include the resources found in the course.
- APA format: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines.