Self-determination theory indicates that the three psychosocial needs of autonomy, competence, and relatedness improve the quality of motivation. Individuals seek tasks that indirectly satisfy one or more of these needs. In this assignment, you will revise your earlier work on cognition/attention and anxiety in performance and examine the levels of motivation within the self-determination theory and the factors that need to be present within a performance environment to promote a self-determined state.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included
Present a revised version (2,000-2,300 words total) of the paper â€œCognition/Attention and Anxiety in Performanceâ€ as attached that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- The revised paper incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,250-1,500 words in which you analyze self-determination in the performance context. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-based discussion of the levels of motivation within self-determination theory.
- A research-based discussion of the factors that need to be present within a performance environment to promote a self-determined state.
- A research-based discussion of how cognition/attention and anxiety influence the ability of a performer to reach a self-determined state.