Building construction is critical to effective code enforcement. For this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that identifies the types of building construction and the differences between each. You will also be required to identify building construction in your area and answer questions regarding hazards and means of fire control.
For this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation. In your presentation, include the following items as outlined below.
- Describe occupancy classifications in your area as well as building construction materials. Explain how they correlate with fire prevention and code enforcement.
- Identify characteristics of unsafe structures in your area as they relate to code requirements.
- Identify the building construction type in your area that poses the biggest hazards for potential conflagration and fire spread.
- Identify how pre-construction fire prevention measures increase the safety of general fire and life safety provisions.
- Explain how plans review and structural control as a means for fire protection would improve the safety of unsafe structures in your area.
Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting, however, is not necessary. A minimum of two references are required for this assignment. Your presentation must be a minimum of eight slides in length. The required title and references pages do not count toward the total page requirement