In this assignment, you will investigate the local resources available to individuals who are seeking support to overcome addiction to alcohol, drugs and/or gambling with the Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Gamblers Anonymous. The expected outcome of this activity will be a two-page summary describing one of the three above mentioned addiction resources available within a specific community.
In a two-page paper, you will describe how individuals can gain entry to a meeting and what the expectations are for participation. In addition to your internet research, interview two or more local addiction counselors (or licensed therapists who specialize in addiction issues). The interviews are to be summarized and briefly describe the addiction counselorsâ€™ education qualifications and history in the specialty area.
Perform the following tasks:
- Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
- Investigate information about local Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Gamblers Anonymous meetings in your area
- Identify where meetings are held, how often and how this information is available to the community
- Who can access these meetings?
- Interview two or more addiction counselors in your designated community
- What are the educational requirements to be an addictions counselor?
- What was the reason the person chose to work with people with addictions?
- What is the counselorâ€™s observations about the role of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Gamblers Anonymous as a resource for individuals with addiction disorders?
- What is the counselorâ€™s experience in working with nurses as members of the healthcare team in addressing individuals with addiction disorders?
- Apply your nursing knowledge to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of this particular resource.
- Use APA
- For this two-page paper, use the proper file naming convention