Suppose you would like to volunteer with the local office of the American Cancer Society (ACS). Because they know you are a student with knowledge about the Healthy People 2020 goals, ACS has asked you to design a local campaign to help increase community awareness of the goals related to cancer prevention and care.
- Using the data from the Health People 2020 website, how would you prepare for this, and what might you plan to do? Be specific about what activities or projects you would have.
- What would you say to promote cancer prevention? List at least 3.
Ms. Y is a 31-year-old woman who reported to her physician that she has recently lost weight, always seems tired, and has experienced night sweats. A few months ago, she had noticed a small firm lump on her neck that was painless and not tender, so she ignored it. Closer physical examination revealed swelling of several lymph nodes in the neck and throat region. A blood test indicated a decreased lymphocyte count and a lymph node biopsy revealed the presence of Reed-Sternberg cells, confirming the diagnosis of Hodgkinâ€™s lymphoma.
- Relate the pathophysiologic changes to the manifestations and lab results.
- Discuss the four stages of the disease based on the Ann Arbor staging system, and determine which stage the patient is probably in.
- Discuss the differences between Hodgkinâ€™s and non-Hodgkinâ€™s Lymphomas